Wednesday, March 21, 2018

About This Blog

This is my new blog about my ongoing work Swimming in Paradox based on my feeling that we lack any kind of solid narrative or sense of personal and social morality which are all linked. The paradox is that we are dealing with a world that is overwhelmingly paradoxical when looked at closely.

Underneath our usual activities we are often unsure about how to act or how to react to a variety of situations. We don't know if our food is healthy, we don't know if the pharmaceuticals we take are going to help us or hurt us, we don't know if the wars we fight are good for us or for anyone, we don't know if the company we work for or whatever the work we are doing is ultimately for the good and we don't even know if we are for the good because, in fact, we cannot really articulate the good.

My interest is to help us think about the real world we live in rather than the confused muddle that we notice. There are ways to examine the various issues and problems that swarm around us when we understand who we are and where we are in the stream of history.

My pages will consist of sections of my book as I put it together sometimes in order sometimes not. My posts will reflect my current concerns, bits of research I've uncovered and so on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Deeper Side of 9/11

The events of 9/11 go beyond the events to something far deeper and more important. Yes, the deaths of a bit less than 3k people is impor...